On 9/26/07, Neil B. Cohen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That makes sense - but if I have data model objects like 'User.java'
> which are used by multiple pages, then it would seem that all the pages
> (and all the related data model objects) have to end up in the same
> package with 'User' - yes? Or am I missing something obvious here...

If you want to do that sure, but that is not typical. The only thing
that should be together are the wicket related parts, but they can be
stored in different packages:

com.example.gui.admin
com.example.gui.users
com.example.gui.products
com.example.gui.products.cheese
com.example.gui.products.wine
com.example.gui.products.footballs

Your domain classes can reside wherever you want:

com.example.domain.cheese.french
com.example.domain.cheese.dutch

They can even come from other JAR files, as long as they are on the classpath.

The only "requirement" for wicket out-of-the-box is to find the markup
files for pages and panels next to the class files of your java files.
The easiest way to achieve this is to put the html and java files *for
your pages* in the same package. That's all.

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta3 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta3/