I take it back.  It is the validator itself that isn't functioning as expected.
 In my panel, I did not override convertInput(), as expected.  The JavaDoc
suggests that I call setConvertedInput() from within convertInput(), except
that setConvertedInput() does not exist.  Has this been replaced with
setModelValue(), and just not reflected in the JavaDoc?

Mike

Michael Laccetti wrote:
I've created a FormComponentPanel that wraps three text fields, to mimic
a phone number.  I created a custom validator, which I have added to the
panel.  When I submit the form, the validator does not seem to be fired.
  If I attach the validator to another form component, it fires without
a problem, which leads me to believe that the FormComponentPanel has
problems with it.  Is there some trick, or is this a bug?

Mike