I have been successfully developing a Wicket application with Eclipse, Maven,
and the Maven Jetty plugin with hot redeploy enabled.  However, I don't want
Jetty to do a hot redeploy of the application when I make a change to my
HTML files.  I assume that Wicket will pick up these changes automatically
when running in Development mode, so there should be no need to reload the
whole app.

I have both Eclipse and Maven compiling classes to the same directory
(target/classes) so that when I make a change to a class in eclipse, Jetty
picks up the change and does a hot redeploy.  This is a good thing. Since my
HTML files are located along side my classes, my HTML files are also
automatically copied by eclipse into my target/classes dir structure.  This
should be a good thing too, but read on...

The problem is that whenever an HTML file changes and eclipse copies it to
my target/classes dir, jetty picks this up and reploys the application.
I've tried adding a ScanTargetPatterns section to my jetty plugin
configuration, but it doesn't work.  Here is what I added:

          <scanTargetPatterns>
            <scanTargetPattern>
              <directory>target/classes</directory>
              <excludes>
                <exclude>**/*.html</exclude>
              </excludes>
            </scanTargetPattern>
          </scanTargetPatterns>

Has anyone else got this to work, and if so, how?  Your help is much
appreciated.

--
Jason