Still can't see why you can't do "local" debugging with Tomcat. From eclipse
you just start it as an application with main class
"org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap"... I also run Tomcat in OptimizeIt
without any remoting...

I've no agenda about Tomcat. Was just curious about the preference. I seem
to remember that Jetty is vastly easier to configure from Java source.
Presumably it is also still much smaller.

Cheers

Sam