> I'm doubting that my wicket application is using to much memory because of
> serializing too much unnecessary stuff in the session (programmers'
> mistakes). Can you help me find a way to see what objects get serialized, so
> I can see what I'm doing wrong and correct my mistakes?

Imho the best answer here is: use a profiler, preferably together with
load testing (e.g. write a JMeter script). In my experience, it is
very hard to make good estimates based on measuring individual objects
(note that we even have a separate project for doing slightly more
reliable measuring, see
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/trunk/jdk-1.5/wicket-objectssizeof-agent)
and looking at what the page store saves isn't a good indication for
heap usage either.

YourKit and JMeter work great for me.

Eelco