Thanks johan for the quick response.
I was a little shocked by this answer, so my next question is a bit late.

is there a way to fill a panel from serverside?
i mean when i have data, which i get from an external WebService, is there a
way to start filling a panel from serverside when the loading of the data is
finished?
Something like an AjaxLink where the linktext changes after loading the new
data to show
or a Label which can be change from serverside after the data is received
without the need to have a clientside submit or request?

Every idea could take me further.

santiago