Hello!
I have the following problem. I have a parent page, that opens a popup
through a PageLink.
The popup window is a window in which new records can be added, but i need a
combo in the parent page to reflect and contain also the new choice added in
the popup.

1. Reloading the whole parent page at popup close link pressed i would take
as the last resolve because the user may have introduced data in the
controls that would get lost in the reloading process. I could get around
this by adding a submit behaviour to the link and save in session the values
inserted till that moment and rehidrate the model with values from the
session instead of the database, and so obtain the state that the page was
in before the popup was opened, but i'm wondering if there is not a cleaner
solution for this.

2. I also tried(didn't think this would work:) but had to try) to pass the
combo to the popup page and tried to update through the pressing of an
ajaxlink the combo. It said it could not find the markup id for the
combo(expected since it tried in the popup and not in the parent) so i guess
that this approach could be made valid if the ajax callback would be
directed at the parent page instead of the popup - i do not know how to do
this.

3. Another option I am considering is calling a self.opener.function in
which i would have javascript code for the ajax update of the combo in the
parent. What code that is doing the ajax update i still do not know where to
find-> maybe on the onselectionchange behaviour would be the way to find
out, or if it breaks something in the way wicket is working.

Anybody has any pointers of what would be the nice way to implement,
comments, or other ways to tackle the problem?

Thanks.