Hi,

  Looking at the code, it's looking like there's some race condition
going on, with the request coming in for a component that no longer
exists.  Comparing with the 1.3 code (in
AbstractRequestCycleProcessor#resolveListenerInterfaceTarget()),
there's an explicit check for a null, but there's nothing that can
really be done to recover, i.e. even the 1.3 code is as follows...

if (component == null)
{
    throw new WicketRuntimeException("component " + pageRelativeComponentPath +
        " not found on page " + page.getClass().getName() + "[id = " +
        page.getNumericId() + "], listener interface = " + listener);
}

Maybe you could disable the button via client-side javascript once
clicked?

/Gwyn