no because the ajax behaviors are also not stateless.
So even if you make the link stateless then the behaviors it has make them
statefull again.

Sometimes ajax things can be stateless but i still think it is a bit strange
for 90% or more of the cases
Why is the link an ajax link?. Because in my eyes if you use ajax you still
use the old page
and the ajax call just updates parts of the page. But if you do that. Then
ajax can't be that easy
stateless because how are you going to make exactly the same state as the
client sees in the browser
for the next click?

And ajax clicks should be lean and mean in my eyes because they should be
fast and could happen frequently
and creating constantly a page for that is pretty heavy.

johan