I'm trying to get wicket portlets to work in Liferay.

As fas as I can tell there are at least 2 issues at the moment:
1.) A nullpointer exception in WebResponse due to an issue in de Liferay
code that returns null in the encodeRedirectUrl (see
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/message_boards/message/249501
)

To answer a question on the liferay forum I need to know why the
encodeRedirectUrl is called. I think this is because of the
REDIRECT_TO_RENDER setting done by the WicketFilterPortletContext. But can
somebody confirm that?!

2.) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1132
I have no clue what causes this issue or where to look. Can somebody give me
a push in the right direction?