I have been using Wicket's custom serialization for quite some time now.
I've noticed a few oddities, but I attributed them to my own mistakes.  Now,
that I have got most of my code ironed out, I have been following up on the
oddities.

The first scenario goes like this:  I have a custom authorization strategy
in place that reads a predicate from the Component's metadata.  If I leave
the page, then simply click the back button, the Component still has a
reference to the metadata item, but not it's content (in my case the
predicate object is missing).  I switched back to JDK serialization and it
works as expected (the predicates remain attached to the metadata object).
I am preparing to build a quickstart to demonstrate this issue, but I wanted
to toss the issue out there in case this is something that you might already
be aware of.

The second scenario is a little less clear to me.  I have a Page that
includes an inner class that extends the AbstractFormValidator.  The Page
has references to TextField objects.  I received an error where the stack
trace implied that it was attempting to serialize the data in the model of
the page's TextField references.  (something like
formValidator->this$0->textField->data).  Shouldn't the models of the
textfields have been detached prior to serialization?

Also, it seems that the joda DateTime object has problems serializing
(something to do with the iChronology class).

I'll make sure I keep the stack traces the next time I get these errors, at
the moment, they are randomly occuring.

Thanks
Chuck