hi matt,

DateField is derived from FormComponentPanel and thus the markup should look
something like this:

maybe we should check that the associated tag is not an input tag, as this
is a rather common pitfall,
or rename DateField to DateFieldPanel, but it's most probably too late for
that.

Eelco, wdyt?

  Gerolf