From: Maurice Marrink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 8:36 AM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: [wicket-security] LDAP integration?

Yes and not exactly.

wicket-security is build with plugability in mind, meaning if it does
not yet exist you can build it yourself quite easily.
Regarding LDAP, i myself have never worked with it but there are a
couple of options you can try
-use swarm and map ldap permissions to swarm principals
-use swarm with acegi and let acegi handle the ldap part, you still
need to map acegi permissions to swarm principals though but it saves
you from having to do all the ldap connection stuff yourself
-use wasp and build your own ldap implementation, more work but also
more control

As for the ldap example part, i am afraid you are somewhat on your own.
There is however an example showing how to integrate swarm with acegi
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/Swarm+and+Acegi+HowTo
and there is an other example showing wicket-auth-roles acegi and ldap
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/acegi-and-wicket-auth-roles.html
So if you rip the ldap config from the last example and use it in the
first example instead of the TestingAuthenticationProvider you should
be ready to go
The example also has some suggestion on how you could do your own ldap
permission mapping if you choose to go that way.

If you decide to go all out and build directly on wasp you should take
a look at swarm itself a a reference, just ignore all the stuff about
permissions, principals, subjects and stuff.

Maurice