I agree with this.  When I "seconded" earlier, it was because I thought this
was an exposed part of the API that hadn't been documented.  I didn't
realize it was internal.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martijn Dashorst [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:57 AM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: the flow of wicket

I *strongly* disagree with your answer. The fact is that this
information is only beneficial for a really very small portion of our
user base. The documentation effort on the other hand is HUGE!  And
subject to change easily. From 1.1 to 1.2 we changed it quite
considerably. And I have no doubt this will change again.

I posit that 99% of all developers working on Wicket applications
don't need to know this. In my company we have about 30 people working
on wicket applications and I think 29 of them don't even know the
different request targets. Why would they? There is no benefit in
learning what the request cycle processor does in its 30 odd steps
when your customer asks for a link that adds an item to a shopping
cart. In fact it makes it more difficult to achieve your business
goals.

Asking the remaining 1% to do some homework themselves gives us the
possibility to work on actual code, improving the framework and making
things simpler, better, easier, faster, completer.

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.0 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0