On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Beyonder Unknown wrote:
> I was wondering what is the best practice when referencing components inside
> an onClick/onSubmit. Normally:
>
>                     public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
>                               //do things here.
>                                 //update these components.
>                               target.addComponent(panelA);
>                               target.addComponent(panelB);
>
>                     }
>
> But what if you don't have direct access to PanelA or PanelB?

As far as I know, there is currently no single recommended
way of doing this. We've tried abstract callback methods and
different ajax-update-listener objects but have found all of
them left wanting.

Sometimes something like this

    getPage().visitChildren(PanelA.class, new IVisitor() {
        ... target.addComponent(component);

might work and we've used a more generic solution along
those lines as well.

You can also search the list on this, one thread was called
something like "inter component events".

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho