I have a peculiar problem that I hope can be solved by the experts!

I have on my application pages a panel that is updated using an AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior to update the style attribute making it visible or not. This works just fine on the current page. If, however, I press the back button in the browser to show a page that is no longer in the current session this problem occurs:

After the time of the ajax timer passes the request is sent for the panel update and the whole page is replaced by the standard "Page Expired" exception page.

Is there a way to change this behaviour so it simply does not update instead of causing this exception to be thrown?

Many thanks in advance,
Andrew