shared resources are not synced thats one way of going round it.

the other way is as igor describes. do the search in a seperate thread.
If it really takes that long then you do know that browsers also can just
time out after they don't get anything for a while?

If it really takes that long then you should build a page where people can
fire searches to the system
and the page is just displayig the searches they did and then if the search
is finished that page can bring them to the result

johan