On 1/28/08, Frank Bille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2008 10:09 PM, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Ok, I think I speak for the rest of us when I say that I think this
> > should be taken off-line.

I said the conversation should be taken off-line because it was
becoming personal in nature (discussing someone's family member's
health concerns).  It just doesn't belong in a public forum which is
supposed to be used to discuss issues/concerns with the Wicket
framework.

> Ok, I can only speak for myself, but I'm not part of those "rest". Even if I
> were not part of this thread I would still disagree. Even if it had went on
> for days in this thread I still wouldn't care. I don't think this mailing
> list is overrun by these kind of subjects

You might not care, but there are those of us out there that subscribe
to quite a few mailing lists and if they all allowed these sort of
personal discussions to go on (especially for days), then it would be
quite unmanageable to weed through.

>  Although I'm sure we all hope your daughter
> > gets better,
>

> +1
>

> I don't think this is the proper forum to discuss her
> > pneumonia and diarrhea.
> >

> I fail to see the discussion about it.

You didn't see the "I dont think so, it's pneumonia and diarra
(although pretty severe)." email?

> Doesn't the user group have their own mailing list they can use?
> >

> No, and as long as it's not bigger than it is it's not likely to get one,
> unless the Wicket community decides the WUG activity should be splitted of
> this mailing list. But at the moment I don't think it makes sense because
> the traffic is so low and at least some of the user groups needs as much
> publicity as possible to attract interested users from the different
> countries.

Maybe the Wicket site could have a page on the "Community" section
listing some of the user groups around the world with information
about them (website, mailing lists, etc.).  Mailing lists are very
easy to set up.  You can start a Google Group (for free) to represent
your user group and folks could subscribe to that.  Also, the Wicket
community already has an announcements list which might be a better
place for user group meeting information.