The behavior is unchanged whether I deploy my app as a WAR or as an exploded
archive.  I have tried this in WebLogic 10, Tomcat 5.5 & Tomcat 6.

Yes, cookies are enabled.

Here is the code:
Home.html

Home.java
public class Home extends WebPage {
  public Home() {
    add(new PageLink("link_to_page_two", PageTwo.class));
    add(new PageLink("another_link_to_page_two",
                              new IPageLink() {
                                 public Page getPage() { return new
PageTwo(); }
                                 public Class getPageIdentity() { return
PageTwo.class; }
                              }
                            )
          );

Page2.html
This is page 2

Page2.java
public class PageTwo extends WebPage {}

web.xml

<web-app>
    <display-name>Wicket Test</display-name>
    <filter>
        <filter-name>wicket_filter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
          <param-value>com.sas.mis.wicketTest</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>wicket_filter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
</web-app>

Now, I have
http://www.nabble.com/Page-Expired-issue-td13661826.html#a13661826 read the
post  about page expiration.  It discusses the merits of servlet vs. filter
mapping and mapping /* vs. /app/*.  But I fail to see that having any
bearing on my current problem.

Sri