Woops. Should have thought that the list server would strip attachments.

Here is the Java (without imports)
----------------
public class AccessDenied extends AccessDeniedPage implements Serializable
{

        public AccessDenied()
        {
                WebMarkupContainer wrapper = new
WebMarkupContainer("signedInWrapper")
                {
                        private static final long serialVersionUID =
200802013L;

                        public boolean isVisible()
                        {
                                SignInSession currSess =
(SignInSession)SignInSession.get() ;
                                return (currSess.isSignedIn());
                        }
                };
                add(wrapper);

                Link signout = new Link("signOut")
                {
                        private static final long serialVersionUID =
200802014L;

                        @Override
                        public void onClick()
                        {
                                SignInSession currSess =
(SignInSession)SignInSession.get() ;
                                mwh.WicketApplication wa =
(mwh.WicketApplication)currSess.getApplication() ;
                                currSess.signOut();
                                setResponsePage(wa.getSignInPageClass());
                        }
                };

                wrapper.add(signout) ;

                Link pageHome = new Link("home")
                {
                        private static final long serialVersionUID =
20080205L;

                        @Override
                        public void onClick()
                        {
                                SignInSession currSess =
(SignInSession)SignInSession.get() ;
                                mwh.WicketApplication wa =
(mwh.WicketApplication)currSess.getApplication() ;
                                setResponsePage(wa.getHomePage());
                        }
                };

                wrapper.add(pageHome) ;

                Link signin = new Link("signIn")
                {
                        private static final long serialVersionUID =
200802015L;

                        @Override
                        public void onClick()
                        {
                                SignInSession currSess =
(SignInSession)SignInSession.get() ;
                                mwh.WicketApplication wa =
(mwh.WicketApplication)currSess.getApplication() ;
                                currSess.signOut();
                                setResponsePage(wa.getSignInPageClass());
                        }

                        @Override
                        public boolean isVisible()
                        {
                                SignInSession currSess =
(SignInSession)SignInSession.get() ;
                                return (!currSess.isSignedIn());
                        }
                };

                add(signin) ;
        }

        @Override
        public boolean isErrorPage()
        {
                return (true) ;

And the html:
                                <a wicket:id="signOut" href="">Sign Out</a>
                                <a wicket:id="home" href="">Home</a>
                        <a wicket:id="signIn" href="">Sign In</a>

Again, thanks for any pointers.

Bruce McGuire.