On Wed, 06 Feb 2008, Matthijs Wensveen wrote:
> I have a Link (not Ajax) on a component that does some heavyweight
> processing in onClick. During this processing I want to block other
> clicks from the same user. Is there a generic way to block multiple
> requests on the same link? I would prefer a solution without Ajax /
> JavaScript, but if that's impossible then that's okay.

Components are stateful, so maybe you could just keep the
state in your Link?

  @Override onClick() {
      if (!isEnabled()) {
          return;  // this shouldnt happen though?
      }
      try {
          setEnabled(false);
          doSomeHeavyWeightProcessing();
      } finally {
          setEnabled(true);

This creates a little race condition but if you can produce
it you could try using a real lock mechanism.

Best wishes,
Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho