Well I forget that PropertyResolver works with maps, so custom models probably are not necessary then :). Thanks for tip. But in my application I have to use some solutions from other application layer (persistance layer), where a special mechanisms to track changes in objects are implemented. So I must make general interface for this in Wicket.

Daniel

On 2008-02-06, at 21:34, Daniel Stoch wrote:

This is exactly how ObjectEditor default implementation would looks like: it contains hashmap for edited values. Simple HashMap as a model is not a good solution, because you must somehow initialize it with object properties' values first. I think a better is to hide such details inside an interface (like ObjectEditor), then you can also easily cancel (revert) changes. But even using a HashMap you cannot simply use property models (normal and compound) to access values, you must implement another custom models for that. These models will be probably very similar to standard property models, the only difference is how they access object values = how their property resolver works :).

Daniel