Hi all,

Here's a reminder that the Amsterdam Wicket Meetup is in slightly more than 5
weeks
time!

It is meetup time again! Our last Amsterdam Meetup was a big  success and we
want to continue that tradition. Over 80 Wicket developers attended the
previous meetup and we had a blast. If you have missed the previous meetup from
Nov 30th, 2007 you can see the pictures online [1], or enjoy the presentations
[2].

Attending is simple: simply add your name to the wiki page and you're all set!
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/wicket-community-meetups-amsterdam.html

If you have an idea for a talk, presentation, demo, discussion, or whatever you
feel like, be sure to add it to the Wiki page.

Please note that no fee has been set yet for attending, since we're still
looking for some sponsors. But it'll be either free or extremely cheap - 25
Euros or so. We'll still have to pay for the room you see :)

This Meetup will happen at the same time and in the same place as the ApacheCon
Europe 2008, its bigger sister conference. Whereas the Meetup is purely about
Wicket, run by the community, ApacheCon gives you an much bigger overview
covering the entire Apache stack. There's no obligation to attend ApacheCon,
but we're trying to get a good deal for Meetup attendees that want to visit
ApacheCon too. For more info about ApacheCon, take a look at
http://www.eu.apachecon.com/

Impress your boss with a deeper understanding of Wicket, or the new treasure
chest of components that have been unveiled at the meetup. Meet other Wicket
developers and share your hopes, victories and frustrations. Expand your
network of Wicket developers!

See you all in Amsterdam beginning of April!

-- Arjé Cahn

---------------

Some background on the Wicket meetup: The Amsterdam meetup is meant for
everyone interested in Wicket, on all different expertise levels. If you want
to get started with Wicket, or you need
some more background information, are an expert committer, or even when you've
never even touched a single line of code, you're more than welcome!

Last year's schedule:

12:00 Room opens, Wifi connection, power outlets and coffee available. Walk-in
hackaton for whoever likes to join.
12:30 Q/A Ask the experts. Got a question for your Wicket project? Feel free to
ask!
14:00 Terracotta: JVM-level clustering for Wicket - Jonas Bonér
15:00 Opening talk - Arjé Cahn
15:15 Apache Wicket: web applications with just Java - Martijn Dashorst
15:45 Wicket and Swing from one codebase - Johan Compagner
16:15 wicket-contrib-gmap2 - Martin Funk
16:30 Dynamic markup and on the fly components (on binding XML to Wicket) -
Wouter Huijnink
17:00 Wicket Portlets primer - Ate Douma
17:30 Break / dinner pasta buffet
18:30 Introduction to Wicket Security - Maurice Marrink
19:00 A plugin architecture for Wicket - Niels van Kampenhout and Wander Grevink
19:30 SessionStores, Pagemaps and Pages.. What does wicket store (and where) -
Johan Compagner
20:00 Wicket Live On Stage! A production case study (with lots of AJAX) -
Martijn Dashorst
20:30 Closing - Arjé Cahn
20:35 Sponsored drinks!
23:00 Bar closes