We have a site developed using Wicket 1.2. One of the use cases we
have is to pass in a parameter on the home page, and based on that we
perform some actions. e.g

http://localhost/helloworld?name=John

This functionality seem to be broken in 1.3. When passing in
parameters on the home page URL they are stripped. Going through the
Wicket I have narrowed down to an issue in WicketFilter

        // Special-case for home page - we redirect to add a trailing slash.
        if (relativePath.length() == 0 &&

!Strings.stripJSessionId(servletRequest.getRequestURI()).endsWith("/"))
        {
            final String redirectUrl = servletRequest.getRequestURI() + "/";

servletResponse.sendRedirect(servletResponse.encodeRedirectURL(redirectUrl));
            return;
        }

The only workaround I have is to change the URL to
http://localhost/helloworld/?name=John
Notice the traling / after helloworld

Am I missing something or is this a bug ?

Thanks,

Rajiv