It seems to me that if there was a problem with Serialization, then
normal pages would not work, right?

So, does anybody have an idea why my pages generally work, but I get a
StreamCorruptedException only when using the autocomplete component?

The stack trace and also stepping through the code in detail are not
giving me any good hints yet...

Thanks!
Dave