that is pretty much correct. however, this problem is present any time
you use session scope to store values, not just in wicket. a lot of
the times when using stateless frameworks and managing a complex ui or
a complex user interaction you start putting things into session
because managing state purely in the url becomes unmanageable. any
time you do this you run into the back-button issue. because wicket
stores pages in session _and_ manages them the page provides a nice
"scope" to store session values that expire and are versioned, so its
a pretty nice feature to have...

-igor