I'm adding AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior to RadioGroup. If I add it to
Radio I get a runtime exception that says AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior
can only be added to a FormComponent.

-----Original Message-----
From: Igor Vaynberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:59 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with using RadioGorup and AjaxEventBehavior in a
FormComponentPanel

are you adding the bheavior to Radio or RadioGroup, it needs to go to
Radio components

-igor

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Zhubin Salehi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Ok, I noticed when I use AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior, no JavaScript
gets added to radio buttons.

FormComponentPanel

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >  > So now I wrote this code:
>  >  >
>  >  >                 nanp.add(new Radio("nanpTrue", new Model(new
Boolean(true))));
>  >  >                 nanp.add(new Radio("nanpFalse", new Model(new
Boolean(false))));
>  >  >                 nanp.add(new
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onschange") {
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >                         private static final long serialVersionUID =
-1406454064553153207L;
>  >  >
>  >  >                         protected void onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget
target) {
>  >  >
>  >  >                                 nanp.processInput();
>  >  >                                 target.addComponent(areaCode);
>  >  >
target.addComponent(countryDialingCode);
>  >  >
target.addComponent(routingDialingCode);
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >  >  > Hi all,
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  I'm trying to update some TextFields in a FormComponentPanel
when the user selects a radio button from a RadioGroup.
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  Here is a fragment of my code that created Radio and RadioGroup
objects:
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >             add(nanp = new RadioGroup("nanp", new
PropertyModel(this, "phoneNumber.nanp")));
>  >  >  >             nanp.add(new Radio("nanpTrue", new Model(new
Boolean(true))).add(new AjaxEventBehavior("onchange") {
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >                   private static final long serialVersionUID =
-1406454064553153207L;
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >                   protected void onEvent(AjaxRequestTarget
target) {
>  >  >  >                         nanp.processInput();
>  >  >  >                         target.addComponent(areaCode);
>  >  >  >                         target.addComponent(countryDialingCode);
>  >  >  >                         target.addComponent(routingDialingCode);
>  >  >  >                   }
>  >  >  >             }));
>  >  >  >             nanp.add(new Radio("nanpFalse", new Model(new
Boolean(false))).add(new AjaxEventBehavior("onchange") {
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >                   private static final long serialVersionUID =
6475950784724594836L;
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >                   protected void onEvent(AjaxRequestTarget
target) {
>  >  >  >                         nanp.processInput();
>  >  >  >                         target.addComponent(areaCode);
>  >  >  >                         target.addComponent(countryDialingCode);
>  >  >  >                         target.addComponent(routingDialingCode);
>  >  >  >                   }
>  >  >  >             }));
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  The problem is that as soon as I click on one of the radio
buttons, I get the following exception:
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  WicketMessage: Can't convert null value to a primitive class:
boolean for setting it on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  Root cause:
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  org.apache.wicket.util.convert.ConversionException: Can't
convert null value to a primitive class: boolean for setting it on
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver$MethodGetAndSet.setValue(Proper
tyResolver.java:1079)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver$ObjectAndGetSetter.setValue(Pro
pertyResolver.java:576)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.setValue(PropertyResolver.java:
130)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.model.AbstractPropertyModel.setObject(AbstractPropertyMode
l.java:164)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.Component.setModelObject(Component.java:2880)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.FormComponent.updateModel(FormComponent.j
ava:1052)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.FormComponent.processInput(FormComponent.
java:934)
>  >  >  >      at
com.route1.mobi.map3.web.panels.PhoneNumberPanel$2.onEvent(PhoneNumberPanel.
java:125)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxEventBehavior.respond(AjaxEventBehavior.java:161)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.ajax.AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.onRequest(AbstractDefault
AjaxBehavior.java:288)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.listener.BehaviorRequestTarget.pr
ocessEvents(BehaviorRequestTarget.java:100)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.processEvents(Abstra
ctRequestCycleProcessor.java:91)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:116
6)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1243)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1330)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:493)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:358)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.doGet(WicketServlet.java:124)
>  >  >  >      at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
>  >  >  >      at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
>  >  >  >      at
FilterChain.java:269)
>  >  >  >      at
ain.java:188)
>  >  >  >      at
va:213)
>  >  >  >      at
va:174)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127
)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
)
>  >  >  >      at
:108)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.jav
a:528)
>  >  >  >      at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWo
rkerThread.java:81)
>  >  >  >      at
a:689)
>  >  >  >      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>  >  >  >  It looks like the model in RadioGroup is not updated when
nanp.processInput() is called. Any idea what I have done wrong?
www.route1.com<blocked::http://www.route1.com/>
>  >  >  >  This electronic mail transmission contains information from
Route1, Inc that is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may
contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this message, its contents, or any attachment is
prohibited. Any wrongful interception of this message is punishable as a
federal crime. If you have received this message in error, please return a
copy to the sender by electronic mail indicating the error. Then, please
destroy the original message and any copies from your computer. Thank you.