Hi all,

I have a Page with a DropDown Component and a Panel. The Panel displays some stuff based on the model object of the DropDown. In the constructor of my page, I set panel.setVisible(false) to prevent the panel from being rendered while the model object of the DropDown is null because the user has not yet selected an option.

Now I want the Panel to be rendered once a valid choice is selected by the user. I tried this:

protected void onEvent(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
               log.debug("ddMonth onChange triggered.");
               if(month != null) {
                   reportPanel.setVisible(true);
reportPanel.updatePanel(getServiceManager(), getUser(), month); target.addComponent(reportPanel); }
}

The event is triggered, the panel is not rendered though. Is there a way to achieve this without reloading the entire page?
If not, how would I trigger a page reload from the onEvent method?

Thanks,
Stephan