wicket urls contain page /component id's and versions that are
generated based on the session (id counters etc), if that is what you
mean by session relative urls.
Your javascript will probably have a hard time figuring out which
sound to play if you use those urls as mapping, it might work if you
trigger using onclick, i don't know which is used.
Mounting bookkmarkable pages / resources will ease the mapping as you
said. So i am a bit confused as to what else you need.

If you use Link's or ResourceLink's you can simply override onclick to
increment your counter / do logging. Or am i missing something?

Maurice