you can make roundtripping easier. for example, you develop a login
panel that lets users either login or signup. a wicket component may
look something like this:

add(new LoginPanel("panel") {
  onLoging(String username, String password) {..}
  onSignup(String first, String last, String login, String password,
String email) {..}
}

LoginPanel would extend some BaseGwtWidget which will make it easy to:
* include gwt module javascript into the page
* generate binding javascript that binds callbacks to said module's javascript
* create the callback urls with json? unmarshalling
* json marshal data to the gwt widget

just thinking out loud. some isolated "very rich" components might be
easier to build in gwt then with wicket's ajax.

-igor