Hello,

I have a HomePage where, in constructor, i add a Panel :

    public HomePage(final PageParameters parameters) {
        Date clientDate = getClientCalendar().getTime();
        Label label = new Label("today", "Today's Status [" +
DateFormat.getDateInstance(DateFormat.SHORT).format(clientDate) + "]");
        add(label);
        add(reportModalWindow = createReportModalWindow());
        add(countButtonsPanel = new CountButtonsPanel("countButtonsDiv",
((WebSession)getSession()).isSignedIn(), this));
        add(iSmokedModalWindow = createISmokedModalWindow());
*        add(todayPanel = new TodayPanel("todayPanel", new
java.sql.Date(clientDate.getTime())));
*    }

in TodayPanel's constructor, i check if the user is logged, and if he is,
update an ajax table (current page)

        if(user != null) {

ajaxTable.setCurrentPage(ajaxTable.getUserRow(user.getUsername(), new
Date(((HomePage)getParent()).getClientCalendar().getTimeInMillis())) /
ROWS_PER_PAGE);
        }

When first running the application (no user logged in), today panel is cool.
I log in and today panel is correctly updated.

Now, when i start *another* browser page and point to the application's url,
i get a org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException
 because TodayPanel's getParent() returns null.

Question is: why?... i could understand it if it were consistent... meaning
it will get me null on the first login too.

I tested in Firefox tabs.

Tks in advance,
Cristi Manole