Looks like CheckGroupSelector does not have a model. You could create a
behavior (e.g. by subclassing AbstractBehavior) that would initialize the
CheckGroupSelector based on its Check components. In your behavior's
renderHead(IHeaderResponse) method, you could render onLoad or onDomReady
JavaScript that would iterate over the Check elements and set a flag if any
of them are not checked. You would then set the CheckGroupSelector's
'checked' value based on that flag.
See CheckGroupSelector.onComponentTag(ComponentTag) for an example of the
main JavaScript involved (i.e. finding and iterating through the Check
elements).

-Ryan