Thanks.

My class variables for example are _name with the underscore.

and the getter and setter would be setName and getName.

In my form for this page I had included the underscore _name so I think wicket
was looking for set_Name.  Once I changed the wicket:id to be just name the
setter setName was called.

Thank you for the clues.