Subclassing RequestCycle would give me control on begin/end of the request, i
wouldnt still have access to the Wicket Session...right..i am not sure if a
wicket session is initiated at that time?

If not, a plain servlet filter also gives me control in the beginning of the
request, except for the fact that i have am playing with
HttpRequest,response, where as wicket requestcycle gives me an abstracted
view of these classes, other than i am just wondering as to what i would be
able to achieve...

I can still do all the authentication stuff (check for authtoken/cookie) in
a normal filter too..isnt it?..unless am missing something..

Farhan.