We use acegi for one purpose, and that is to authenticate and authorize (AA) against our corporate SiteMinder server. We have existing Spring-based applications that successfully auth against SiteMinder via acegi.

We're starting a new project and are planning to use Wicket. It looks as though one currently has to use some Spring bridging to inject acegi into a Wicket application.

Are there plans to replicate the functionality of acegi as it relates to AA?

Basically, is there, or wlll there be, a means for me to authenticate/ authorize/etc against something like SiteMinder without having to slide in bits of Spring to do it?

-David