yep that's right, but it'll be quite a mess to mount every static resource as
resource/resourcereference. especially when your users are allowed to upload
their images.
what we did was to make a custom filter (and as a fact a subclass of
servlet) that comes into handy whenever a given path is requested. e.g.
/pics/* and serves the static resource (by returning a fileresource in the
overriden getResource() method). This way wicket doesn't even know about the
way how the static images are being served.

but that's just one possible approach to do this, we also have some of our
images for the webapp that should be replaced on redeploy (icons, buttons
and so on) mounted as sharedresources to a specific path.

regards
Michael

Jeremy Thomerson-3 wrote:

> What has worked very well for us is to have all of the static uploaded
> content (pictures, documents, movies) saved elsewhere on the server, as
> you
> have done, and then served by Apache.  If you don't use Apache as a
> frontend
> (or whatever plain HTTP server), then I believe you can still serve it
> through Wicket with some sort of Resource / ResourceReference, but it's
> been
> a while since I've had to do that, so I can't quite remember the details.
>
> Jeremy
>
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Mathias P.W Nilsson
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

>> No you are perfectly right. I have now Springed a path into the wicket
>> that
>> holds the folder for my external folder.
>>
>> The problem arises when trying to show an image in the wicket applet from
>> the folder but I see you are suggesting to get it via a servlet. I'll
>> have
>> to look into this for testing your suggestion
>>
>> Thanks alot.
>> --

-----
Michael Sparer