On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 07:18:57AM -0700, Doug Donohoe wrote:

> So I added an attribute modifier to the loginPanel:
>
>     new AttributeModifier("style", true, new Model("display: none")
>
> This corrected the 'flash' problem.  But introduced another problem.  Now,
> when the form is submitted with an error, when the page is redisplayed, the
> form is hidden (because the attribute modifier is still in effect).

One of the great things about models is that they facilitate lazy
evaluation. Try this:

    new AttributeModifier("style", true, new AbstractReadOnlyModel() {
        public Object getObject() {
            return hidePanel ? "display: none" : "";
        }
    });

You can then toggle whether "display:none" is rendered by toggling the
hidePanel field of your class.

jk