From: Edvin Syse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 2:30 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: PropertyModel of textfield not being updated

> Strange, because it worked with updating the value of a radio that's
> tied to a model in that same bean.

Are you sure you didn't override wantOnSelectionChangedNotifications()
and that the new value you saw came from the onSelectionChanged()
method or something? Or maybe you got the value from the component's
getInput() method?

> I tried the AjaxFormSubmitBehavior but am getting the following AJAX
> error:
>
> Channel busy - postponing

If you look in the AJAX debug window, I think you should be able to see
what other ajax-event fired and didn't return yet. Maybe that can
give you a hint.

Also, I see that you do:

fooTextField.setOutputMarkupId(true);
target.addComponent(fooTextField);

in your onClose() method. The setOutputMarkupId(true) is redundant - as
it has to have been set already some other place in your code, or
there will be no way for Wicket to know what component to rerender in
the markup, and you would have gotten an error. I mention it, because
I think you might have misunderstood some parts of the process.

-- Edvin

> This was the same error I was getting when using the AjaxButton's
> default onSubmit() method. This is why I am using AjaxEventBehavior,
> which seems to be the only one that actually triggers the event. Is
> there another way to submit my form?
>
> So, I'm a bit in a bind here - btw, this happens both in Safari and
> Firefox.
>
> Michael

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>