John Krasnay wrote:

> Sure, but your rule said "Call all overridable methods from
> onBeforeRender()", and I gave you a working counterexample that has
> nothing to do with onBeforeRender.

The counter example was the exact mistake that is very easy to make when
designing a component that can be extended.  So easy to make that even the
mighty super genius Igor initially did it in PagingNavigation.  So most mere
mortal wicketeers could not be expected to understand this intricacy.  Your
assumption is that the subclass can return its result without access to
parameters passed into the constructor.  Even getTitle() may need to access
a domain object passed on creation.

Igor Vaynberg wrote:

> onBeforeFirstRender() ? , onFirstRender() is ambiguous with its
> relation to onbeforerender()

Does it need to be defined relative to onBeforeRender()?  Isn't it enough to
say onBeforeFirstRender() or onPageSetup() is called only once and before
rendering.