yepp, then the TransparentWebMarkupContainer gets passed in. And you're
right, it's gonna be a filthy hack if you try to find out if its a Page.
Unfortunately I've got no further suggestions but it'd be interesting to
know why you want to distinguish between pages and other components anyway

regards,
Michael

Ned Collyer wrote:

> Thanks for your reply,
>
> Maybe it's because I am using a <wicket:message key="foobar"/> in the
> markup?!
>
> There isn't really any code to show.  I put the wicket:message into the
> page, then i check the params coming in to the method.
>
> I'll have a bit more of a play I think, but I would be interested in what
> your results are with the <wicket:message key="foobar"/>
>
> Rgds
>
> Ned
>

> Michael Sparer wrote:
>>
>> I just subclassed ComponentStringResourceLoader and tried calling
>> getString("foobar"); from a page (that extends another page). There
>> instanceof Page returns true. Maybe it'd be helpful to see some code (and
>> your usecase 'cause maybe there's another way to do it).
>>
>> regards
>> Michael

-----
Michael Sparer