Hi Igor,

thanx for response. I looked at the IResponseFilter class and thoght about ,
how could I implement
the gzipping of  the "text/html"  responses.


But I have found potential 2 problems, which I am not sure, how to solve
from the context of
IResponseFilter#filter(...) method only:

1. Only text/html responses should be filtered. How to filter only these
types of responses ? 
    Or how to detect the mime-type of response from the context of
IResponseFilter#filter(...)  method ?

2. When the response-content will be gzipped, new header "Content-Encoding:
gzip" should be set.
    How it is possible to add new header to existing response from context
of IResponseFilter#filter(...)  method ?


At first look, it seems for me, that the IResponseFilter#filter(..)  method
was intended for changing
text content of the response only, and it is not very suitable for complex
modifying of Response.

I am very interested in this and I would like to create the bullet-proof
solution, how to gzip
HTML responses from wicket.

Thx
Stefan






igor.vaynberg wrote:
> 
> there is also IResponseFilter
> 
> -igor
> 
> 
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 6:08 AM, Stefan Simik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>  Stefan Simik wrote:
>>  >
>>  > 1. IDEA
>>  > ----------------------------------------
>>  >   a) totally disable gzip in wicket --
>>  > getResourceSettings().setDisableGZipCompression(true);
>>  >   b) use Gzip filter BEFORE wicket-filter. This Gzip filter will
>> compress
>>  > all the communication -
>>  >       HTML, resources .... . Images and some mime-types should be
>> omitted.
>>  >
>>
>>  Probably, there is one drawback in IDEA 1.
>>  Wicket already caches the processed(gzipped) result, what is very
>> useful.
>>  This functionality should be moved to the Gzip filter, which can be a
>> lot of
>>  effort.
>>
>>  --
>>  View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/Gzipping-of-pages-%28HTML-output%2C-not-only-resources%29-tp16849900p16850433.html
>>
>>
>> Sent from the Wicket - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
>>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>  To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>  For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>>
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: 
http://www.nabble.com/Gzipping-of-pages-%28HTML-output%2C-not-only-resources%29-tp16849900p16991360.html
Sent from the Wicket - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to