wicket has support for stateless components and delayed sessions
creation since 1.3. see StatelessForm and StatelessLink. stateless
components in wicket are meant to only be used when there is no
choice, eg, for parts of the application crawlable by search engines.
the main focus will always be stateful components that scale with our
programming model. i am not really sure if more stateless support is
planned for wicket 1.5/2.0, maybe others have thoughts on that.

-igor