Catalin Marinas wrote:

> I'm not sure that's the best way but I wanted to avoid calling
> onComponentTagBody in Form which generates the hidden fields. Ideally, I
> should use a WebMarkupContainer but, as you noticed, it adds the changes
> the elementname with formname:elementname. Somehow, the Form class manages
> to avoid this even though it inherits WebMarkupContainer but I couldn't
> figure out. Does anyone now how it does this?

Looking through the code, it seems that the "formname:elementname" string
gets generated in FormComponent#getInputName(). This function checks whether
the parent is a Form and no longer adds the "formname:" string. Since
WebMarkupContainer is not a Form, it always does this. A solution would be
to override this function in any newly created FormComponent.

Would overriding WebMarkupContainer#isTransparentResolver() to return true
have the same effect by attaching the children directly to the page?

Thanks,

Catalin