After some 6 months of wicket ive come accross some wierd scenarios

Go'ol request/response

1. Sub FormComponent hierarchies that needed to be manually visited to have
thier vaidate and updateModel called. It was a criteria/search "panel" that
supplied a form with data. Just a bit awkward to create those visitors in
the middle of the code. Should I have done that with a nested Form?

2. Where should you keep your models? Should a big Component hierarcy have
one big model with its parts extracted and passed on to child components?
Analogy - repeaters (lists of object renditions/Label(...,obj.toString) take
lists-of-objects.  Or, is more advisable to keep a component's model
contained within itself? I have yet to find a good practice here.

Ajax

3. Now im working with more Ajax. What is a good inter component
communication scheme? Swing has its listeners, but in wicket i tend to call
methods on dependent components from ajax event handlers. Is this a good
approach - (it atleast dont feel so good)?