Let me see if i understand you correct.

If a user logs in to your site and then navigates away to a site/page
not handled by your domain without logging off and thus keeping the
session on the server.
And then after a little while comes back to your domain (maybe he
types the url again in the address bar) while his previous session is
still valid. In that case you do not want the user to go to the url he
typed (in this example) but go to some other predefined page you call
"user home".
I take it "user home" is not the same as Application.getHomePage() ?

In that case if you add a test to your basepage then how do you
determine if the user "comes back" and is not in fact just browsing
your app and trying to reach that page?
I suppose you could do something with headers to determine the
previous url but this is imo not a common situation swarm should be
able to do out of the box.

But maybe i do not understand you correct and you actually have a
valid use case.
Hope to hear from you.

Maurice