Assume the following...

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
@Entity
@Table(name = "user", catalog = "blah")
public class User implements java.io.Serializable {
        private Long id;
        private String name;

//      getters/setters for both
}

public interface IUserDAO {
//      public void save/delete/findAll/etc
}

public class UserDAO implements IUserDAO {

        private EntityManager getEntityManager() {
                return EntityManagerHelper.getEntityManager();
        }

        public void save(User entity) {
                EntityManagerHelper.log("saving User instance", Level.INFO,
null);
                try {
                        getEntityManager().persist(entity);
                        EntityManagerHelper.log("save successful", Level.INFO,
null);
                } catch (RuntimeException re) {
                        EntityManagerHelper.log("save failed", Level.SEVERE,
re);
                        throw re;

        //etc

If I want to display the Users in a table contained in a re-usable Panel(), should I be able to do something like...

public final class UserListPanel extends Panel {
    public UserListPanel(String id) {
        super(id);

        // Create a detachable model
        IModel users = new LoadableDetachableModel() {
            @SpringBean
            UserDAO dao;
            @Override protected Object load() {
                return dao.findAll();
            }
            return users;
        };

IColumn[] columns = { new PropertyColumn(new Model("ID"), "id"), new PropertyColumn(new Model("Name"), "name") };
        SomeTableType dataTable = new SomeTableType(users);

        add(dataTable);

Part of my confusion comes from trying to work in a SortableDataProvider to use with a DefaultDataTable with columns sortable by header (<th/>) links.

-David