hi,
to check if the policy file is loaded correctly, set the loglevel of org.apache.wicket.security.hive to DEBUG
check if you have any 'skipping line' when you start your application

what i think is missing in your policy file is a " arount your page

permission org.apache.wicket.security.hive.authorization.permissions.ComponentPermission "${cnv}.MyCNV", "inherit, render";

cheers gab

Monica D'Arcy wrote:
Hello,
I am currently trying to implement some authorization/authentication using SWARM and am running into some problems. After Logging on with a class that extends the UsernamePasswordContext class, I attempt to redirect to a secure page (a page that extends SecureWebPage). At login, I create a DefaultSubject, and add a SimplePrincipal with "admin" permissions (if appropriate) to the DefaultSubject. I get the Access Denied page regardless of whether I am the correct user ("admin") and should therefore be authorized to view the page or am not an authorized user. I had also tried something similar with the SecurePageLink. The link is never rendered regardless of whether all users are granted permission to view the link, the correct user is logged on, or an unauthorized user is logged on.

My very basic understanding of logging in to view a secureWebPage via SWARM is as follows: 1) application must extend SwarmWebApplication (following instructions listed @ http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/Getting+started+with+Swarm) 2) create a class that extends UsernamePasswordContext which is created when attempting to logon 3) there is a hive file that delineates which permissions are associated with which principals??? 4) when logging on, a Subject is created and a principal is given to that subject
5) pages that are to be secure extend SecureWebPage

Is there something very basic I am missing here? I apologize if this is an ignorant question... I am very new to the wicket & Swarm scene.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Below is what appears in my hive file

grant principal org.apache.wicket.security.hive.authorization.SimplePrincipal "admin"
{
permission org.apache.wicket.security.hive.authorization.permissions.ComponentPermission ${cnv}.MyCNV, "inherit, render"; permission org.apache.wicket.security.hive.authorization.permissions.ComponentPermission ${cnv}.MyCNV, "enable";
};

!DSPAM:483ddf8354671222944467!