Hi!

I am trying to maneuvre a lightweight gmail-style busy indicator to
stay in place whenever I click an operative button.

The script seems to work fine with regular submit buttons, but I have
not found a proper way to reset the indicator in context with ajax
buttons and links.

Is there an event I could bind this to, or do I have to push some
javascript from the server side / tweak the wicket-ajax.js? It would
be pretty nice if I could just overload/hook-to something on
javascript level.

Here is my code:

#busysign {
  display: none;
  float: right;
  background: red;
  margin-top: 5px;
  margin-right: 5px;
  z-index: 1000;
  width: 200;
  font-weight: bold;
  text-align: center;
  font-size: 1.3em;
}
<script type="text/javascript">
  window.onload = setupFunc;

  function setupFunc() {
    document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].onclick = clickFunc;
  }

  function clickFunc(eventData) {
    var clickedElement = (window.event) ? event.srcElement : eventData.target;
    if (clickedElement.tagName == 'BUTTON'
      || (clickedElement.tagName == 'INPUT' && (clickedElement.type ==
'button' || clickedElement.type == 'submit'))) {
      document.getElementById('busysign').style.display ='inline';
</script>

I would equally well appreciate if you had some alternative generic
lightweight solution :)

**
Martin