Got it to work after building portlet-bridges-common from the trunk
source.

- The change I made to PortletWindowUtils which seems to work (so far
*crosses fingers*):
   public static String getPortletWindowId(PortletSession session)
    {
        final Object tmp = session.getAttribute(PORTLET_WINDOW_ID);
        String portletWindowId = null;
        if (tmp != null) {
                portletWindowId = tmp.toString();
        }
        if ( portletWindowId == null )
        {
            synchronized (session)
            {
                String value = String.valueOf(Math.random());
                session.setAttribute(PORTLET_WINDOW_ID, value);

- Some of the Maven 2 dependencies for the bridge projects were...
absent. Mostly due to deprecated/old groupIds (non-hierarchical like
castor/castor instead of the hierarchical ids). Worked around it by
building/installing portlet-bridges-common explicitly then adding an
exclusion of the parent project to the dependency in my POM so that I
wasn't dependent on e.g. the perl bridge failing to build because of
these rotten dependencies.

- I was surpried the trunk source's POMs did not use 1.0-SNAPSHOT or the
like for version now, if 1.0.4 is actually released. Don't the
portlet-bridge developers use Maven 2 and thus do not release using mvn
which would have updated the version numbers in the pom.xml files?

Med vennlig hilsen

TOR IVER WILHELMSEN
Senior systemutvikler
Arrive AS