Ditto Taranenko's reply.  Static type checking is a real boon, and users
should remember that using a generified framework is much easier than
actually generifying the framework.  Once the framework is properly
generified, using it is typically quite easy, and clarity is significantly
improved.  I understand that users are worried about complexity, but the
complexity of generics really rests upon the framework authors' shoulders,
not the users of the framework.  I believe within the next 2-3 years, as we
see the phasing in of JDK 5-based app servers, that JEE programmers will
become pretty comfortable with generics, as tricky as the syntax/semantics
may be.

1) Generifying* Wicket
   [X] Can best be done like currently in the 1.4 branch, where models
and components are both generified. I care most about the improved
static type checking generified models and components give Wicket.

2) How strongly do you feel about your choice above?
   [X] Whatever choice ultimately made, I'll happily convert/ start
using 1.4 and up.

Thanks again for a great web framework!
Ari